If you are unable to access Administrative Templates in group policy after installation of Windows Updates, Service Pack or any software. Don’t worry you may restore those missing administrative templates for your local group policies with following instructions.
- Click Start Menu.
- Click on Run
- Type msc and press Enter
- Group Policy Windows will appear with Missing Administrative Templates
- Under User Configuration right-click Administrative Templates and click on
- Click on Add and make sure you’re in folder C:\Windows\Inf
- Choose these files: adm, intecorp.adm, inetres.adm, inetset.adm, rspndr.adm, system.adm, wmplayer.adm and wuau.adm. Clicking on Open and then on Close will add those files to your GP editor.
- Finally All Missing Group Policy Templates will come under Administrative Templates.